The Patient Experience is designed to support GP practices looking to improve customer service, create positive relationships with patients and increase their QOF scores.
The course has been devised to gain the commitment of all members of the GP practice team in delivering great results. It allows your team to learn new approaches to their work that enables them to consistently receive praise and minimise difficult situations.
Duration: 3 x 0.5 days
The programme is run as three separate workshops, organised to allow any busy GP practice to continue to meet the needs of patients. The workshops are normally held in the practice itself over the course of consecutive weeks.
During the initial workshop, the practice team will be led by an NHS specialist trainer to explore and challenge the current customer journey.
The trainer will gain commitment by engaging the group in identifying where they need to focus in creating the best possible ‘Patient Experience’.
- Customer ‘touch points’
- Where things go well – how to make even better
- Where things go wrong – why?
- What are we good at? – sharing best practice ideas
The second workshop leads on to create an understanding of the skills required to enable the team to embrace a new way of working:
- Immediately creating the right tone
- How to build rapport
- Saying ‘No’ without upsetting others
- Communicating positively
- Influencing skills
In the final workshop delegates will learn some additional practical tools and techniques before creating both team and individual action plan.
- Putting things right before they go wrong and what to do should the worst still happen
- Understanding behaviours (through an appreciation of Transactional Analysis)
- Dealing with anger and unacceptable behaviour
- Managing stress
- What next?
Contact Four Steps Training to enquire about this NHS customer service training programme.