In our current climate, most people are looking for a good deal and the art of negotiation is therefore becoming a key business skill for many of us.
This one day programme steps through the process of planning for and participating in negotiations using pro-forma’s that can be used in most situations. During the day participants will explore what a negotiation is and the circumstances under which a successful outcome can be achieved.
By the end of the course participants will have also developed the skills and behaviors necessary to support the process from the early stages of discussion through to closing the deal.
Duration: 1 day
Planning & Preparation
- Setting negotiation strategies (win-win or win-lose)
- Understanding and setting objectives prior to negotiation
- How to prepare to deal with different power circumstances
- Planning for stalemate
- Identifying tradeables, levels of concession and negotiation limits
Communication and Behaviour
- Understanding different negotiation styles and their impact on negotiations
- Giving information effectively to aid the process
- Effective questioning skills
- Presenting persuasive arguments
- The role of reflective listening and applying positive paraphrasing
- Implementing you plan and negotiation strategy
- Managing the bargaining process
- Contingency and fall back positions
- Securing agreement and use of closing techniques
Contact Four Steps Training to enquire about this Negotiation Skills programme.